Thursday, November 5, 2009

Hell

An engineer died and as it should be, he went up to heaven. When he got to the Pearly Gates, Saint Peter welcomed him: Good day! Now what did you do down on earth? I was an engineer. Hummmm….Sorry, engineers aren’t on the list. You can’t come in. So the engineer went down and knocked on Hell’s door. Hello. I’ve come because they won’t let me into Heaven. The Devil looks the man over and says: Ah no? well, what were you? An engineer. An engineer! Come on in! After several months of enduring intense heat, the stench of sulfur, hard labour and the other hardships of Hell, the engineer decided to make some improvements and in a short time, he installed air- conditioning, ventilators, escalators, etc. A year later, God was greatly puzzled because He hadn’t heard any moaning and groaning coming from Hell in a very long time. He decided to go down and see what was up. Hello Satan. Hello God. How’s it going? Never been better, now that we’ve got an engineer in charge. An engineer? There must be some mistake. I order you to return the engineer to me! No way! The engineer is mine! Satan, you give him back right now or I’ll sue! Satan’s laughter could be heard all the way up in Heaven. Ha ha ha ha ha ha! You sue me ? And where are you going to get a lawyer?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment